A new event will bring hundreds of recreational cyclists on a ride from Clare to Wallaroo in September (11-12-13) this year.
Our new cycling event – from Clare to Wallaroo – is going to be pretty special. Why? Well it’s not just about the ride itself. It’s going to be about the good food and good times in a magical area for cycling
In terms of the route, the full distance is 125km, but you can choose to ride 70km (starting in Snowtown) or 45km (starting in Bute). There’s also a short 5-10km family ride around Wallaroo. Everyone finishes at a festival of food and family fun on the shores of Spencer Gulf.
According to the the Copper Coast Cycling Group this is a spectacular ride. They have told us that the changing scenery as you ride from the hills of the Clare Valley to the coast of Spencer Gulf will leave a lasting impression.
And before we forget – it’s not just about the ride. There are many other activities including:
- A Welcome Party in Clare to welcome all cyclists arriving on the Friday night before the ride.
- Wine, Wheels & Whiting produce market to showcase the regions’ finest local food.
- Local produce markets for participants and for the general public at Wallaroo North Beach Tourist Park on the day of the ride.
- A gourmet dinner featuring local produce from the Clare Valley plus Spencer Gulf seafood at the Wallaroo Coopers Alehouse on Saturday night.
- A Sunday seafood brunch at the Wallaroo Sailing Club.
So what are you waiting for? Get your calendar out and mark the weekend of the 11-13 September as a gourmet cycling adventure.
The perfect start to a new summer of cycling. Entry costs as little as $30 (or only $5 for the Family Ride). Find out more and register here for the inaugural Wine, Wheels & Whiting.