It’s a little over 10 days to go until Amy’s Ride SA. Can you beat the NoPro up Willunga Hill?
Amy’s Ride SA is fast, fast approaching. And let’s just say that Wilunga Hill is tough stuff. People’s egos are either stroked or shattered on this hill – and there’s been many an epic battle during the Tour Down Under.
Well here’s your chance to prove what you’re made of. Here’s your chance to show everyone that you could have been Cadel Evans. Here’s your chance to justify the $5,000 you spent on a carbon road bike. And here’s your chance to beat the No Pro.
It’s called the Serafino Wines Strava Challenge – and all you have to do is turn your Strava on while going up Willunga Hill during Amy’s Ride SA.
How Tough is Willunga Hill? Check out the NoPro’s Video.
Remember our dear friend, The NoPro. (Make sure you read this blog piece if you haven’t heard of him). Well he has created yet another Youtube Video of Willunga Hill. He’s currently 70th on the Leaderboard – and if he’s had a coffee before the ride he’s a good chance to be the quickest up Willunga hill on the day. But here’s your chance to prove to him that you’ve got what it takes.
For a teaser – make sure you watch his video of Willunga Hill below.
Last Year’s Winners
Curious how people went last year? Watch out – Michael Denton absolutely killed it – and he was only 16 at the time.
How to Enter Serafino Strava Challenge.
1. Check out the Amy’s Ride SA 2015 Strava Challenge – Willunga Hill ride segment on Strava-http://www.strava.com/segments/8254132
2. Join Strava or Log in to your Strava account (Strava is FREE for standard use. It allows you to track your rides and runs via your iphone, Android or GPS device, analyse your performance and compare with friends.)
3. Star the segment so it appears in the “My Segments” section of your profile.
4. At the start of the challenge, switch on your iPhone app or Android app or GPS device and record the activity. (there will be sign posts on the day of the event!)
5. Sync your activity. You will appear on our segment leaderboard. Both FREE and Premium member results will appear on the real-time leaderboards, but only premium members can see the leaderboard, including results, during an activity.
What do the winners get?
- Glory, Glory, and nothing but Glory.
- Fastest Male Gets 4 bottles of Premium Serafino wines, runner up gets two bottles of Premium Serafino Wines.
- Fastest Female gets 4 bottles of Premium Serafino Wines, runner up gets two bottles of Premium Serafino Wines.
- We’ll be giving out a handful Ground Effect Vouchers to those who “give it a go”.
A special thanks to Serafino Wines for making the Serafino Strava Challenge Possible. Be sure to head to their vineyard before, during & after the ride – it’s a beautiful venue with some delicious wine on offer. You can still register for Amy’s Ride SA – taking place on Sunday 1 November.