As we all know we are moving into the time of year where the weather fines up and its go time in terms of getting out the bike. These are the recommendations from the team at Cycle Closet to give you some insight into what to wear for road and dirt riding.
For road riding these are our recommendations
1. Bibshorts or Shorts
Our range of bibs and shorts includes different types of chamois and fabrics ranging from the entry-level Pearl Izumi shorts at around $90 to Isadore and Castelli with shorts up to $300 and everything in-between.
2. Base layer
A base layer is an essential for every ride, whether that be a cold, crisp morning or a hot summer’s day. A merino base layer in particular will keep you warm on those brisk morning rides whilst regulating your body temperature and wicking moisture from the body on the hotter days on two-wheels. Both Isadore and ioMerino offer great merino options.
No kit would be complete without a well-constructed, good-looking jersey. The Morvelo Wave Stormshield jersey is just that. A thin FU-SE membrane built into the race cut will keep the wind off and most importantly the rain. For the riders that overheat easily a normal summer jersey like the Ventou Brooklyn Project would work nicely.
4. Wind vest (Gilet)
A vest provides that extra barrier for the brave riders take on the cold up in the hills. Our range stretches from the ever-stylish Black Sheep to the renowned premium Gore products. Fantastic products to keep you warm while still giving great ventilation
With a wide range of warmers our Castelli Nanoflex is a noted favourite as the water just beads up and falls off saving you from the dreaded soaked warmers.
For all your off road needs
1. Long sleeve jerseys add some extra warmth while hitting the trails; we have Pearl Izumi long sleeves starting at $65 to Troy Lee Designs at $95, giving you style and functionality on the trails.
2. Baggy shorts either with liners in them or not to hit those berms in style. We have the massive brands like Dharco starting at $120 to POC Trail vents shorts at $149.95
3. Full fingered Gloves for that extra protection and grip on the handlebars we have the Troy Lee Design starting at $65 to POC at $89.95
4. A Full Face helmet will provide safety and peace of mind when bombing down those jumps starting at $300 for the MET Parachute. We also stock Troy Lee Designs and Fox
5. Body Armour for saving us so we can still work Monday. Maximum fun with maximum safety. We stock G Form, POC and FOX starting at $75
Hopefully this has helped you to make your cycling run smoothly during the spring months.
Cycle Closet is the leader in bike apparel from all over the world, giving our customers value, great advice and an extensive range. Come and see the helpful and friendly team at Cycle Closet at shop 2, 122 Pirie St Adelaide or Shop 2 108 Wickham St Fortitude Valley in Brisbane.