Outback Odyssey | 01 -16 May 2021
Ride the Mighty Mawson Trail from Adelaide to Blinman
Adelaide Hills | Barossa Valley | Clare Valley | Mid-North | Flinders Ranges
Please note: Deluxe camping now sold out – if you wish to be placed on our waiting list please email us on email@example.com
This epic ride will take you through the Australian Outback, one of the most spectacular places on earth. With 600 million years of secrets waiting to be revealed, it’s home to one of the greatest adventures of your life. It’s not as much a challenge as it is a life-changing experience! Each day is an adventure. We ride. We eat. We drink. We have a laugh.
Where, When & What
- Adelaide to Blinman
- 01 -16 May 2021
- 15 days of off-road touring
- 900+ km (full Mawson trail – mini trails available)
- Moderate level (it’s not a technical route, but it is about fitness)
- Bring Your Own tent, sleeping bag/mat for camping
Prices & Registration
|Trip||Price (BSA Member)||Price (Non-Member)|
(Adelaide to Blinman, 15 Days)
|Mini Mawson #1
(Adelaide to Burra, 5 days)
|Mini Mawson #2
(Burra to Melrose, 6 days)
|Mini Mawson #3
(Melrose to Blinman, 7 days)
Instalment Payment plan option also available – click on Register Now above for details
- Exclusive Outback Odyssey Jersey
- Transport of luggage from campsite to campsite
- Comfortable campsites, flush toilets & hot showers
- Undercover dining facilities with tables & chairs
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners (except Breakfast on Day 1, Lunch on Rest Days, Lunch & Dinner on final day)
- Programmed activities and entertainment
- Bring Your Own tent, sleeping bag/mat for camping
- Coach Transport:
Adelaide to Burra $85 Wed 5 May, Dep: 1.00pm Arr: 4.00pm
Burra to Adelaide $85 Wed 5 May, Dep: 8.00am Arr: 12.00pm
Adelaide to Melrose $95 Mon 10 May, Dep: 1.00pm Arr: 4.00pm
Melrose to Adelaide $95 Mon 10 May, Dep: 8.00am Arr: 12.00pm
Blinman to Melrose $145 Sun 16 May, Dep: 8.30am Arr: 12.30pm
Blinman to Burra $145 Sun 16 May, Dep: 8.30am Arr: 2.30pm
Blinman to Adelaide $145 Sun 16 May, Dep: 8.30am Arr: 6.00pm
- Mountain bike hire – contact Bike SA office for details
- Massage therapy – qualified therapists will accompany the ride
- Deluxe Camping accommodation – $650.00 per tent*** SOLD OUT…SOLD OUT…SOLD OUT
- Limited Cabin, B&B, hotel/motel accommodation may be available in some overnight venues
- Secure car parking available Adelaide, Burra & Melrose – contact Bike SA office for details
*** Optional Deluxe Camping accommodation – includes large 2 person tent, set up & packed down each day, plus 1 air mat per person. BYO pillow
The Outback Odyssey is not just for the super fit but it is a challenge. Depending on your level of fitness or time available there are several distance options available – so you consider your level and the amount you want to be challenged. Choose an option and enjoy the ride!
- Full Mawson: Adelaide – Blinman – 16 days : 01 May – 16 May
- Mini Mawson 1: Adelaide to Burra – 5 days : 01 – 05 May
- Mini Mawson 2: Burra to Melrose – 6 days : 05 – 10 May
- Mini Mawson 3: Melrose to Blinman – 7 days : 10 – 16 May
* Click on the Route for each day to view on Bikemap.net
Route shown is a general guide – accuracy cannot be guaranteed and changes may occur prior to the event.
Mini Mawson One
Saturday 1 May – Adelaide to Lobethal 40km – Route Day 1
Sunday 2 May – Lobethal to Tanunda 73km – Route Day 2
Monday 3 May – Tanunda to Riverton 78km – Route Day 3
Tuesday 4 May – Riverton to Burra 87km – Route Day 4
Wednesday 5 May – Rest Day Burra Day 5
End Mini Mawson One
Start Mini Mawson Two
Mini Mawson Two
Thursday 6 May – Burra to Hallett 85km – Route Day 6
Friday 7 May – Hallett to Spalding 46km – Route Day 7
Saturday 8 May – Spalding to Laura 83km – Route Day 8
Sunday 9 May – Laura to Melrose 57km – Route Day 9
Monday 10 May- Rest Day Melrose – Day 10
End Mini Mawson Two
Start Mini Mawson Three
Mini Mawson Three
Tuesday 11 May – Melrose to Quorn 71km – Route Day 11
Wednesday 12 May – Quorn to Hawker 112km – Route Day 12
Thursday 13 May – Hawker to Rawnsley Park 94km – Route Day 13
Friday 14 May- Rawnsley Park to Wilpena Pound 26km – Route Day 14
Saturday 15 May – Wilpena Pound to Blinman 66km – Route Day 15
END of MAWSON TRAIL
Sunday 16 May – Blinman to Adelaide by coach
End Outback Odyssey & Mini Mawson Three
Below you will find essential information to help you enjoy your ride.
The 2021 Outback Odyssey Ride Guide will be available in due course.
An updated printed copy of the Ride Guide including any last minute amendments will be included in the rider Welcome Pack on the first day of the ride, along with your Outback Odyssey jersey and a complete set of the Mawson Trail maps that you will need to refer to along the way.
Please take time to view the following information resources
- A Day in the Life of Outback Odyssey
- Bike Transport Information
- Overnight Accommodation Venues
- Non-Camping Accommodation
- My Bike – What sort of bike should I ride?
- My Gear – What do I need to bring along?
- My Training – How should I prepare my fitness for the ride?
- My Ride – A little more about the ride?
- Secret Women’s Business – How do I look after my rear end?
- Recommended Reading: Sir Douglas Mawson and Sir Hubert Wilkins
- Riesling & Rattler Trail info
- Alison’s story 2011
- Alison’s preparation story 2011
Click here for FAQs.
Go to the Bike SA Volunteering page
Terms and Conditions
Click Here to view full Terms and Conditions
Getting to the end of the ride was the most amazing feeling of achievement. I can't stress how much this ride really changed my life.
The scenery will quite seriously blow your mind. It's a ride like no other and Bike SA provides the most amazing support along the way