Established in 1982, Bicycle SA has over 6,000 members, delivers over 2,000 free community rides per year and runs some of the biggest, mass-participation rides in South Australia each year. We support over 70,000 participations every year, with the help of 53 full-time and casual employees and over 200 volunteers.
Bicycle SA is the peak body for recreational and commuter cycling in South Australia (Independent, non-government, not-for-profit association supporting all recreational cyclists and members). We promote all types of cycling – for recreation, for transport, for health, for the environment, for tourism and for fun. We advocate on behalf of all recreational cyclists, delivers year-round programmes and events, and are the largest non-government provider of cycle tourism in South Australia, with the biggest programme of touring and recreational cycling activity in Australia.
Our Strategic Plan
Our office is located at 11A Croydon Rd, Keswick 5035. We’re open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Programs & Courses
- Adelaide’s Free Bikes hire programme seven days per week to 23,000 visitors, residents and city workers, through various CBD nodes
- The Department for Transport Energy and Infrastructure’s ‘Way2Go Bike Ed’ programme to 8,000 primary school students each year
- Adult cycle proficiency and maintenance courses
- Safety education programmes in communities
- Workplace support programmes and lectures
- BikeSTART.com.au – free online support to get you started
Partners & Sponsors
- Local, state and federal governments
- Community stakeholders
- Charities and other not-for-profit associations
- Commercial sponsors and supporters
Maureen Merrick OAM
|President||Maureen Merrick OAMemail@example.com|
|Members||Chris Beauchamp, Warwick Cooper, Carol Seely, Rowan McKeown, Nick Spyrou|
|Chief Executive Officer||Christian Haagfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Events Manager||Russell Miatkeemail@example.com|
|Communications Manager||David Valentefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Services||Chris Hutchinsonemail@example.com|
|Education Development Manager||Kay Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|