CycleSafe Essentials can enable Councils to provide the training and resources required for their residents to choose a cheaper, healthier and greener transport option.
It forms part of a broader strategy to provide accessible, targeted and cost effective behaviour change measures to Councils throughout the state.
About this course
CycleSafe Essentials is an exciting 2.5 hour course aimed at encouraging and supporting adults into commuter and recreational cycling. It seeks to find solutions to common barriers that often stop people from considering cycling like a lack of skills and confidence to negotiate traffic, safer routes, rules and awareness.
What makes these sessions easy to attend is that all bikes and helmets are provided, the groups are small (up to 5 people), convenient short time frames, and Bike SA can deliver training at a location that suits the community or organisation that books it.
Each course contains a combination of theory and practical sessions covering (unless customised sessions are requested):
- Bike fit and how to do your own bicycle safety check
- Helmet, safety checks and fitting
- Safe methods to negotiate common traffic situations e.g. lefts, rights, hook turns, passing parked cars scanning and signalling
- Commuter and route planning scenarios.
- Practical advice on equipment, clothing and accessories
- Basic bike handling (off road) instruction - improving balance and control skills, emergency braking, scanning etc
- Road rules specific to cycling
- A practical sessions through local streets
| ||To register and information, including suitable dates and times, contact Bike SA|
+61 8 8168 9999 or email@example.com
You might also be interested in:
Bike Maintenance Courses