About the series
Join us for SAMBA's Dirty Days, a series of recreational rides at some new, some old, and some classic mountain biking destinations in the Adelaide region.
At Craigburn Farm you can experience some of the first purpose built singletrack on DENR managed land, while at Belair National Park you can undertake a skills session and then put those new found skills to use as you ride a shared-use fire trail network through koala filled eucalyptus forest as part of a led group ride.
At Prospect Hill you'll experience a mix of open fire track among native forest and purpose built singletrack through the pines and the fairy forest.
The final event at Cudlee Creek highlights the jewel in the crown of South Australia's mountain bike trail network and will give you the opportunity to ride the largest network of purpose built singletrack near Adelaide and see how far your skills have progress over the series of events. This event at Cudlee Creek will have options for longer loops and more technical riding if that's the challenge you are seeking.
For those new to mountain biking it also provides an opportunity to perhaps ride your first pieces of singletrack on the welcoming 'beginner friendly' trails at Cudlee Creek.
SAMBA is actively involved in Trail Care at both Prospect Hill and Cudlee Creek so you'll be able to ride the trails at these events and then find out more about how the trails are built to last the test of time by those who build and maintain them, the SAMBA Trail Care Teams.
What you will receive as a registered rider:
- Experienced ride leaders and instructors to teach you specific mountain biking skills and to take you on led rides to practice your skills on the trails
- Marked loops to ride at your own pace or a led ride (15 to 30km for intermediate riders)
- Refreshments including water, Nippy's juice and fruit cake
- Basic mechanical support and 1st aid provided by the ride leaders
- A great time riding on some of the best trails Adelaide has to offer!!!