Established in 1982, Bicycle SA has 6,000 members, delivers over 1,000 free community rides per year and runs some of the biggest, mass-participation rides in South Australia each year. We support over 60,000 participations every year, with the help of 9 full-time staff and over 200 volunteers.
Bicycle SA is the peak body for recreational and commuter cycling in South Australia (Independent, non-government, not-for-profit association supporting all recreational cyclists and members). We promote all types of cycling - for recreation, for transport, for health, for the environment, for tourism and for fun.
We advocate on behalf of all recreational cyclists, delivers year-round programmes and events, and are the largest non-government provider of cycle tourism in South Australia, with the biggest programme of touring and recreational cycling activity in Australia.
Our mission is to see 'More People Cycling More Often, in Safer, Healthier Communities'
Programs & Courses
- Adelaide's free City Bike hire programme seven days per week to 23,000 visitors, residents and city workers
- The Department for Transport Energy and Infrastructure's 'Way2Go Bike Ed' programme to 4,000 primary school students each year
- Adult cycle proficiency and maintenance courses
- Safety education programmes in communities
- Workplace support programmes and lectures
- BikeSTART.com.au - free online support to get you started
> More on our courses
Partners & Sponsors
Local, state and federal governments
Charities and other not-for-profit associations
Commercial sponsors and supporters
> Become a partner